With an estimated budget of 95.5 billion euros, it is the largest programme of its kind in the world. From 2021-2027, both individual projects and collaborative projects will be funded under this programme.
Horizon Europe is divided into three major areas:
- Scientific Excellence
- Global challenges and industrial competitiveness
- Innovative Europe
Under the second pillar, innovative collaborative projects can be submitted in six areas (so-called "clusters"). The first calls for proposals for cluster 6 "Food, bioeconomy, natural resources, agriculture and environment" are expected at the end of April 2021. The submission deadline for project outlines is expected to be September 2021.
A total budget of 9 billion euros is planned for projects in cluster 6. The draft work programme for 2021-2022 contains approximately 180 topics, which can already be viewed here.
The topics (so-called "Destinations") in the draft work programme are:
- Destination 1: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Destination 2: Fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food systems from primary production to consumption
- Destination 3: Circular economy and bioeconomy sectors
- Destination 4: Clean environment and zero pollution
- Destination 5: Land, oceans and water for climate action
- Destination 6: Resilient, inclusive, healthy and green rural, coastal and urban communities
- Destination 7: Innovative governance, environmental observations and digital solutions in support of the Green Deal
For more information on the rules of participation and to find suitable calls for proposals and project partners, please contact the Enterprise Europe Network Berlin-Brandenburg.