All five start-ups were evaluated by the ten-member jury on 4 August based on the pre-defined criteria. First and foremost, it was important that the business idea was a development in the field of media technologies that fit into the cosmos of the MediaTech Hub Potsdam. In addition, the extent to which the start-up provides a transfer service for society was evaluated, the degree of innovation of the development played a role, as did the benefit for society and the market maturity. It was also important that the application was not submitted by individual founders, but by teams of founders who operate as diversely and sustainably as possible.
- BottleAd has established a completely new type of advertising space for dispensing empties directly at the POS and is therefore the perfect partner for consumers, retailers and advertising partners. The reverse vending machine is often seen by retailers as an expense with no return. The BottleAd display is a welcome distraction for consumers - and a lucrative and technically reliable advertising space for trade and industry.
- Klangchat "Say it with Music and Send Klangs!"Former rock stars, techno DJs, film composers and serial entrepreneurs, founded Klangchat because they want to help the hands-free generation communicate in an authentic, entertaining and civilised, transcultural way. To adequately express emotion or meaning, it takes more than text messages, stickers and emojis. Traditional messaging is missing an essential part of our emotions and human nature - the voice and the music.
- MARKTKOST brings the canteen directly into the team kitchen. The founding team around Laura-Maria Horn and Lucia Cloth offers a tech solution for small companies, start-ups, agencies and the like, where employees can easily order their weekly or daily rations for the lunch break. Healthy and wholesome food is delivered, hermetically sealed in reusable jars that can be heated in the microwave or on the cooker. The ordering companies enjoy the advantage of satisfied employees, benefit from tax advantages and make a contribution to sustainability with zero waste.
- Portal One "Listen to music you love. We'll find the music you need!" Portal is the first music productivity tool for filmmakers. As an online music marketplace, it offers a new digital solution for the creative industry. Filmmakers receive a preview of the music options for their film to coordinate with the team and, after the final selection, the corresponding licensed tracks. Portal was founded in 2021 by Justin Michael La Vallee (USA), Tobias Wagner (Germany), Paolo Galli (Italy) and Stephan Baumann (Germany).
- ROADIA aims to develop globally deployable, scalable, DSGVO-compliant road safety systems to minimise the number of traffic accidents and enable ideal traffic flow in modern smart cities. Research clearly shows - more speed cameras can save over 500,000 lives per year.
"With the space made available for coworking, we would like to further promote the start-up climate in Potsdam and offer attractive and, by regional standards, affordable office space starting at 17 square metres. In addition, we enable the founders to directly exchange ideas in a collaborative work environment and to be closely connected to the MTH Potsdam community with other start-ups, established companies, universities and scientific excellence. The project, which is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy as part of the Digital Hub Initiative and supported by the state capital Potsdam, offers young start-ups in the field of media technology attractive and discounted offices until the end of 2022."
Andrea Wickleder | Hub Manager of the MediaTech Hub Potsdam
Inspiring co-working is to be created in the newly planned MediaTech Hub Space. In order to promote the start-up climate in Potsdam, the MediaTech Hub Potsdam wants to use the new space to create attractive and, in a regional comparison, inexpensive office space from 17m² and also enable start-ups to engage in direct exchange in collaborative work. Funded by the BMWi, young media tech start-ups are supported here by being able to rent attractive office space on one floor at reduced rates until the end of 2022. In this sense, the MTH Space stands for innovation and the realisation of ideas (DO!). Anchored in the ecosystem of the MTH Potsdam and in close proximity to scientific excellence and established companies, it is intended to promote direct networking between start-ups, science and entrepreneurship. To this end, there will also be individual mentoring opportunities in cooperation with the MTH Accelerator.